I am very big into family, and I have a big family as well. 5 brothers and sisters (I'm the 5th of 6). 13 nieces and nephews (it's about to be 14 because yet another one is due in October!). 5 great-nephews & 5 great-nieces. And no, with that many family members, I do not keep up with birthdays very well. Even with a master list on my fridge.
I'm also married. My husband and I got married here in San Antonio at the historic Sheraton Gunter Hotel downtown. And we are the proud parents of a 9 year old Alaskan Husky named Moo and three 1 year old kittens, Wicket, Willow, and Winter.
Like all Texas moms, I made my kid pose in the bluebonnets.
No, you can't quit. Not without another job waiting for you! Not a smart move in this economy.
According to the Society for Human Resource Management, only 29% of workers between 31 and 61 say they're "very satisfied" with their job. The other 71% are either "somewhat satisfied" or not satisfied at all. So here are some things to help.
Start by Doing a Quick Self-Assessment. That means figuring out why you hate your job. Have you always hated it or did you just recently start hating it? And do you hate it because of your co-workers or your actual work? According to one expert, you should make a list of the pros and cons of your job, and what you'd want in your next job. You might realize that if you change a few things around, you won't hate what you're doing as much as you think.
Don't Be Unprofessional. Even if you do decide to leave. That way, you won't burn any bridges and you'll still have good references. Plus, if you change your mind and stay, you won't be embarrassed about anything you did while you were on the fence.
Look for Opportunities with Your Current Employer That You Might Enjoy More. That doesn't necessarily mean a different position. It might just be a new project you want to be part of. It seems like adding more to your workload will make your job worse, but if it's something you actually enjoy doing, it could make your whole job more tolerable.
Discover other things you can do to help here.